An Interview with the the Emissary Paul

Preface:
Clearly the Emissary Paul died many centuries ago.  This is a hypothetical simulated interview.  I will do my best job to draw Paul’s words directly from Scripture.


Interviewer:  Now you have been said to be a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.  Is that an accurate statement?

Paul:  Yes, I am a follower of that Way which you call a “sect”.
(Acts 24:5, 14)

Interviewer: Some have called you a “Christian” is that accurate?

Paul:  I wrote two thirds of what has since come to be called the “New Testament” and in all of that material, I never even used the word “Christian” not even once to describe myself or anyone else.  That word is not even part of my vocabulary.  I am a Jew, a Pharisee, and a follower of that Way which is called the Sect of the Nazarenes.

Interviewer:  So then, in your own words, how would you describe yourself?

Paul:  I am a Jew, a Pharisee of Pharisees. 
(Acts 21:39; 22:3; 23:6)

Interviewer:  Some have accused you of being a Hellenist. Is that accurate?

Paul:  Not at all. I am a Hebrew of Hebrews.
(Phil. 3:5; Acts 6:1)

Interviewer:  Some have said that you wrote your books in Greek. Do you even know Greek?

Paul:  I am a Jew of Tarsus in Cilicia.  I speak Hebrew.
(Acts 21:37-40)

Interviewer:  It has been said by many that you taught that the Torah had been abolished.  Is that true?

Paul:  Absolutely not! These reports are slanderous. Neither against the Jewish Torah, nor against the Temple have I offended in anything at all.  I have done nothing against our people or the customs of our fathers.  Its not the hearers of the Torah that will be just before Elohim,but the doers of the Torah.  We maintain the Torah!
(Rom. 3:8; 6:1-2, 15; Acts 25:8; 28:17; Rom. 2:13; 3:31)

Interviewer:  It has been said that you opposed Circumcision. Do you think there is any advantage to being circumcised?

Paul: Yes, much in every way!
(Rom. 3:1-2)

Interviewer:  Some have sought to incorporate pagan holidays into the faith, what do you say about this?

Paul:  These persons have turned back to weak and elemental spirits which they had been in bondage to before they knew Elohim (or at least before Elohim knew them).  It makes me wonder if I have wasted my time in teaching this message. 
(Gal. 4:8-11)

Interviewer:  So what is your opinion of the Torah then?

Paul:  The Torah is set-apart, just and good.
(Rom. 7:12)


I hope that this brief interview with Paul will prompt you to study the Scriptures cited above, and get a true view of the real Paul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Sirens” in the Book of Enoch?

Secrets of the Oath that Binds the Fallen Angels

The Five Satans in the Book of Enoch